Top 100 Sports Research Paper Topics
November 19, 2020
More often than not, students invite the opportunity to create their own sports research paper topics when their teachers set simple parameters and give students a wealth of freedom. The irony, however, is that a lot of students freeze up when trying to develop a topic about sports that pushes the envelope while staying manageable given time restraints and availability of resources.
We have a group of expert academics that work around the clock to create fresh lists of sports topics. Since the world of sports changes constantly across several areas, we make sure we have the latest sports research paper topic ideas for students to choose from. Check out our list below or take a look at social issues topics:
Simple Sports Essay Topics for Any Level
- Can Tiger Woods win another major considering the field of competition?
- Why isn’t professional soccer considered a major sport in the United States?
- Should championship wins during the global pandemic come with asterisks?
- Should high school players bypass college to join an AAU league?
- Should baseball get rid of the Designated Hitter Rule in the American League?
Hot Topics in Sports for Any Educational Level
- How effective are the current methods to find instances of PED use in sports?
- Should players have the right to protest peacefully by taking a knee?
- Should the NCAA get rid of the collegiate one-and-done rule?
- Has LeBron James surpassed Michael Jordan as the Greatest of All Time?
- Who has been a more dominant professional hockey player? Crosby or Ovechkin?
Controversial Sports Topics for College Students
- Should professional athletes use their platform to talk about social issues?
- Is the NFL over protecting offenses because of the risks of head trauma?
- Should the current College Football Playoff format expand to include more teams?
- What is the major league record to be less likely to be broken across all sports?
- Should we remove instant replay from professional sports?
Sports Management Topics for Graduate Students
- How should sports agents approach negotiations for clients that decided to skip playing in 2020?
- Should agents be allowed to talk to other teams while their players are under contract?
- How can Canadian taxes be used to fund professional teams in the NHL?
- What does it mean for sports as more female coaches are hired to professional male teams?
- What risk issues must general managers consider when signing older athletes?
Argumentative Topics Sports for High School Courses
- Should parents allow their children to play in high-impact sports?
- What are the most effective leadership approaches for high school coaches?
- What impact do violent sports have on the psychological development of teenagers?
- Should professional female athletes be paid the same as their male counterparts?
- Is it better to win an Olympic Gold Medal in a team sport or a professional league’s championship in that same sport?
Sports Sociology Topics for High School Courses
- How do team sports create a sense of community among high school athletes?
- Do young adults reveal a part of human instincts by playing in organized sports?
- Do males and females perceive sports differently?
- Is it reasonable to encourage young athletes to pursue professional sports careers?
- Are young student-athletes at greater risk of performing poorly at school?
Sports Law Topics for Graduate Students
- Should players that decide to not play during the pandemic get paid?
- Should student-athletes maintain all rights to their likenesses and profit from them?
- In what way have American Disability Laws been applied to sports programs?
- What responsibilities does the training staff have to warn players of injury risk?
- Are professional athletes permitted from seeking independent medical advice?
Sports Medicine Topics for College Students
- Does yoga measurably impact a player’s flexibility and performance?
- What are the positive and negative effects of drinking caffeine while exercising?
- How do different assessments of heart rates influence training programs?
- How are injuries different for bodybuilders, powerlifters, and weightlifters?
- Why are turf-related injury rates increasing for collegiate and professional football players?
Sports Debate Topics for High School Students
- What are the major arguments against return-to-play rules in the NCAA?
- Is it legal to test athletes for drug use randomly?
- What have been the most significant acts of retaliation towards Title IX complaints?
- What is better for performance training? Short intervals or long intervals?
- Should coaches work closely with medical staff to ensure player safety?
Topics in Sports Psychology for College Students
- How did playing in the NBA bubble during the Covide-19 pandemic affect athletes?
- How do athletes in shooting sports improve their abilities to concentrate?
- Do professional athletes raise their children differently?
- How do athletes recover psychology after experiencing physical or mental trauma?
- How different are the psychological needs of women in professional female sports?
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics for College Students
- Do you think colleges that do not regulate student-athlete activities should be penalized?
- Should more females be encouraged to take up a sport in high school and college?
- Should females be allowed to head refereeing staff if they have the qualifications?
- Do you think it is okay to require student-athletes to submit to weekly drug tests?
- Should more women be featured on sports magazine covers without posing for sexual attention?
Good Sports Research Topics for a Quick Project
- Are the Summer Olympics better than the Winter Olympics?
- How important are the Olympics for a nation’s economy?
- What steps will the International Olympic Committee take to prevent Covid-19 spread if no vaccine is widely available?
- Should the U.S. look towards the NBA’s Bubble as a framework to hold future seasons in other sports?
- How important is the 2020 Presidential Election to the future of sports in the United States?
Sports Nutrition Topics for College Students
- How can athletes boost performance by adopting the right nutrition for their bodies?
- Is sports nutrition a veritable and reputable sub-field in the area of healthy eating?
- Should non-athletes adopt sports nutrition as a way to gain muscle and lose weight?
- What have been the most effective sports nutrition strategies in the last 20 years?
- Should sports nutrition be taught at the high school level?
Sports Speech Topics for a Presentation
- How important are cardio activities like cycling and jogging to weight loss?
- Should athletes aim to build more lean muscle to prevent injuries?
- Why is it important that coaches nurture a relationship with their athletes?
- What are the most important skills for a hockey head coach to have?
- Should e-sports be considered a professional sport or stay a video game competition?
Sports Informative Speech Topics
- Should paintball be considered a hunting sport or is it just a recreational activity?
- What impact did the Korean Baseball Organization have on U.S. sports?
- What are the best systems for developing custom training programs for runners?
- Should head coaches listen to scientists more when working on training programs?
- Does our method for testing athletes PED catch all those who are guilty?
Great Sports Ethics Topics for College
- Is it ethical to use PEDs if others in the league use them?
- Is the training staff ethically obliged to report players that violate PED use?
- Is it ethical to prevent foreign players from joining their teams in international competition?
- Is it ethical to gamble on sporting events while one is still an active player or coach?
- Should cultural sports that harm animals (e.g., bullfighting) be banned?
More Controversial Topics in Sports
- What led to the Bulls’ 90s success and Lakers’ 2000s success? Was it coaching or playing?
- Who is considered the biggest “bust” in NBA sports history?
- How should the media handle steroid use by players up for the HOF induction?
- Do the rules of soccer need to be changed to attract more fans in the U.S.?
- Can the U.S. Men’s Soccer Team win the World Cup within the next 2 decades?
More Sports Psychology Topics
- What role does self-motivation play in an athlete’s performance?
- What methods do professional players follow to maintain calm during pressure situations?
- How important is it for professional athletes to regularly see psychologists?
- What can coaches do to develop self-confidence in his or her players?
- What does good sportsmanship do for a player’s self-esteem?
More Sports Psychology Research Topics
- What role does meditation play in achieving success in sports?
- How has Covid-19 affected athletes’ mental health?
- What does increased wealth do a player’s personality?
- What effect does losing have on a player’s psychology?
- How does the media change the way players act on camera?
More Sports Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should female coaches be paid the same amount of money as their male counterparts?
- How can students receive compensation for suffering a sports-related injury?
- Should universities raise educational requirements for student-athletes on scholarships?
- Should universities provide basic injury insurance for their student-athletes?
- Should colleges and universities make cheerleading uniforms less revealing?
Creating great sports research paper topics is not a skill that comes easily to every student. That’s why we’ve created this blog to assist students to develop top-notch sports research topics that generate readers’ interests and earn the highest grades in class. If you need custom-made sports argument essay topics that cover areas we have not included in this list, you can always contact customer support and get research paper help in no time. Sports topics to write about isn’t the only discipline with which we can help. Let us know what you need and we’ll do the rest.
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.